- 1kg chicken thigh or breast fillet, cut into small cubes
- 1 jar ‘Jimmy’s Sate Sauce
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water for an hour, to prevent them burning
Peanut & Coconut Sauce
- ‘Enak Eco’, Sambel Pecel spicy salad dressing
- 200ml approx., coconut cream
- 2tbs, heaped, crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1-2 tbs fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 long red chilli, chopped, optional
- 1 Lebanese cucumber , cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
Makes about 20 cocktail skewers
Marinate the chicken
Cut the chicken into small pieces, place in a Ziplock bag, and pour over about 1/3 of the jar of Jimmy’s Sate Sauce. Massage the bag well, making sure the marinade is well distributed. Marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
Crumble about half the block of Sambel Pecel into a bowl. Add crunchy peanut butter, coconut cream, fish sauce to taste, and chopped red chilli if using. Mix together well. Store in an airtight container till ready to serve.
Cook the Satays
If you are cooking the satays on the BBQ, make sure to soak the bamboo skewers in water for an hour to prevent them burning.
Thread about 4 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
Heat a char-grill plate or the BBQ, to high. Lightly oil the plate.
Turn down to medium and grill the satay sticks for about 6 minutes, turning halfway, until just cooked.
Serve with cucumber, onion and Super Satay Sauce.