Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 375g SR flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or extract
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 180ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 250 – 300g frozen raspberries or mixed berries ( do not thaw)
- Demerara sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases or lightly grease the pan instead.
3. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, add the frozen raspberries and stir to combine.
4. Combine the egg, buttermilk and vegetable oil in another container, mix well.
5. Combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together without over- mixing.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the muffins with Demerara sugar for extra crunch.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Turn on to a wire rack to cool.
Store in an airtight container or freeze in ziplock bags.
This mix makes 12 x 80ml capacity muffin tins; or 24 x 30ml mini muffin tins.