Top it with a pile of Pita Crisps, a bowl of spicy Guacamole, Serrano ham (or pancetta), Sicilian olives, and let everyone dip in.
Difficulty: Easy Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 pita bread round will make approx. 15 – 20 crisps
- Lebanese bread rounds
- Olive oil
- Flavoured salt and herb mix, or lemon pepper mix
2. Cut the lebanese bread rounds into shapes. Cut each round in half first, and then cut each half into about 5 pieces.
3. Separate each piece by pulling apart. Now you have twice as many crisps as you started with.
4. Arrange the pieces on a flat baking tray with the insides facing up.
5. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with your chosen salt and pepper mix.
6. Bake in the oven for 6- 8 minutes or until a light golden brown.
7. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container. The pita crisps with keep for at least a week.
There are hundreds of Guacamole Recipes out there, but this is my basic mix that can be added to, depending on what is on hand on the day.
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- Sambal Olek (Asian chilli paste), or fresh chopped red chilli to taste
- 1 tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Scoop out the avocado flesh onto a dinner plate.
2. Roughly mash with a fork. You need it to be a quite chunky.
3. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and scoop out all the seeds, leaving just the outer flesh. Chop finely.
4. Chop the coriander.
5. Mix together with plenty of salt and pepper, Sambal Olek, and lime or lemon juice.