There’s lots of flexibility with ingredients too. Use chicken breast fillets, wrapped in bacon or prosciutto, or add some asparagus spears to the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Leave out the potatoes if you are serving them as a separate dish.
Difficulty: Easy Time: Prep, 10 minutes; Cooking, 45 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 chicken cut into serving pieces, or chicken Marylands, or chicken chops which are all on the bone
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Kipfler potatoes or baby new potatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 red capscium, cut into thick slices
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, skin zested
- Juice of 1 extra lemon
- 1 punnet cherry truss tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Reduce the oven temperature to 160C
6. Add the cherry tomatoes and olives and roast for another 20 minutes. Check to ensure the thighs are cooked well.
7. Remove from the oven, add the remaining thyme leaves. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with parsley and reserved grated lemon rind before serving.