Microwave Lemon Curd
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 125g butter at room temperature
1. Place all the ingredients except the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes – stirring after 2, 4, and 5 minutes.
3. Microwave on MEDIUM HIGH for 2 minutes or until thick.
4. Allow to cool, and beat in the softened butter
5. Bottle in steralized jars and stor in the refrigerator.
Makes about 500ml.
Strawberry & Lime Jam
- 500g strawberries, washed, hulled, chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
1. To steralize the jars and lids, place in 100C oven for 20 minutes, while you are making the jam.
2. Place the strawberries into a 3 lite capacity microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar and lime juice. Stir to combine.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
4. Microwave for a further 20 minutes on HIGH ( jam should still be runny), or until the jam reaches setting point. Allow to cool.
5. Spoon the jam into hot, steralized jars and seal. Turn the jars upside down for 2 minutes. Turn upright and allow to cool. Once opened, store in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.