Difficulty: Easy Time: about 25 minutes Makes: 4 x 125ml moulds
- 115g butter, cubed
- 200g chocolate, I like the Lindt 70%, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 20g white rice flour
- 60g caster sugar
- pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Thoroughly grease the moulds with butter.
2. Combine the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on Medium Low for about 4 minutes, or until just melted. allow to cool a little.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar and whip until very thick and pale. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the butter and chocolate mixture to the whipped eggs while the mixer is on low speed. Once all the chocolate is added, turn mixer back to high for about 10 seconds so it’s all well mixed.
5. Fold in the rice flour and the sea salt.
6. Pour batter into 4 x 125ml greased moulds and bake at 200C for 10 minutes. I cooked mine for 13 minutes, but 11 or 12 minutes would have produced a more molten centre.. ……. yes a minute or two can make all the difference. The outside of the cake will be baked but the centre will stay slightly soft and gooey.
7. Let the cakes rest in the moulds for a few minutes until they cool down enough to handle and then flip them onto a plate.