Difficulty: Easy Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 16 large green prawns, heads removed, butterflied
For the marinade paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed (or leave in if you like it hot)
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- handful coriander leaves and stems, chopped
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice 1 lemon
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil to blend, plus extra to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220C
2. Make the marinade paste by blending all the ingredients together with just enough oil to make it runny.
If there is time, leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
3. Arrange the prawns, flesh side up on an oven tray.
4. Spread the prawns with the paste and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle a little extra oil over the prawns.
6. Roast in the very hot oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the shells are bright orange and the flesh is no longer translucent.
Alternatively the prawns can be cooked on the BBQ
7. Serve hot with a good squeeze of lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.