Difficulty : Easy Time : 50 minutes Serves : 4
- 1 24cm sheet Butter Puff Pastry, keep refrigerated
- 2 – 3 Green Star apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- caster sugar
- butter at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Also heat the baking tray in the oven.
2. Trim the edges off the pastry sheet. Cut the pastry in half. (You could cut out a circle if you prefer) Refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
3. Slice the apples on a mandolin or food processer.
4. Place overlapping slices of apples along the tarts until the pastry is covered.
5. Sprinkle generously with caster sugar and dot with plenty of butter.
6. Place the pastry onto the pre-heated baking paper-lined oven tray.
7. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes until the sugar caramelises, the apples are golden and the pastry is crisp.