Well this is it, just two sleeps to go, and there’s definitely a buzz about town. Time to get excited and ENJOY this wonderful season with family and friends.
The Final List
- Make any sauces or salad dressings you need, store in airtight containers in the fridge.
- By all accounts heaps of you have already prepared the Freeze Ahead Roast Potatoes I posted a day or so ago, it’s a real time-saver.
- Make a simple icecream Christmas Pudding and serve with Cherry Compote for those that don’t like the traditional pudding.
- Make the easy Microwave Brandy Custard, store in an airtight container, with a piece of clingfilm pressed down onto the surface to stop a skin forming.
- You can even prepare scoops of icecream, open freeze them on a tray, and then store them in a plastic container in the freezer, between sheets of Glad Go-Between, or baking paper. So much easier than trying to scoop lots of icecream at dessert time.
- CHARGE THE CAMERA BATTERY and make sure you have enough space on your memory card.
- Clean out the esky, and fill with ice on Christmas Eve, the ‘bubbles’ can never be too cold !
- If you are using the BBQ, get someone to give it a good clean – good job to delegate !
- Make sure there are carrots for the reindeers, and shortbread or cake for Santa, and maybe a beer to see him on his journey !
- On the final shopping trip, buy an extra container of Dishwasher Detergent, as the machine will certainly get a work-out, also buy heaps of paper towels.
- Set the table on Christmas Eve or before, if you can, have all the nuts, lollies, muscatels ready in their bowls, covered with clingwrap, and decant the Cranberry Relish and Mustards too.
- DID YOU SHARPEN THE CARVING KNIFE ??
I wish everyone a wonderful, happy and relaxed Christmas Celebration. Thankyou for following a great year at The Cooks Room.