So often Christmas is more of a chore than a pleasure and when the day finally arrives, all you want is, for it to be over !
BUT NOT THIS YEAR, you will be super organised.
This is the first of our weekly Christmas Countdown Planner posts – nothing too complicated, but hopefully it will give you a check-list to work from, which should have you organised on time, to enjoy the day without the stress, because it is supposed to be fun, right.
Let’s Get Organised
This will be one of the busiest weeks, print off this list, and put it where you can see it, or download it to your Smartphone.
I can’t work without a calendar and a big note pad, I make lists for everything. I still use paper for both, much to my family’s amusement, as they are all digital.
- Take a good look at the calendar, marking off all those fabulous parties you’ve been invited to, and the ones you are planning to give. Don’t forget the school concerts, recitals, work parties, and all the other end-of-year celebrations.
- Gift shopping is probably the one thing that bugs everyone the most, so make a list now. Keep it handy in your bag, or on one of the many shop-smart apps on your smartphone, and try and get a lot of it out of the way this week. Think about buying multiples of the same gifts for friends.
- SHOP ON-LINE, it’s a real time-saver, but make sure you allow plenty of time for delivery.
- Don’t forget all those small presents for neighbours, teachers, gardeners etc. and Hostess Gifts to take to all those fabulous parties you will be attending.
- If you have stashed a few pressies away during the year. Get them out now. Seriously, I have had many a ‘lost gift’ over the years, hidden in the house……..only to find it long after Christmas.
- I’m not a wrap-as-you-buy girl, but it certainly has merit. I definitely prefer to do the wrapping the week before Christmas and make a ‘thing’ of it – carols playing, mince pies and a glass or two of bubbly.
- Set up a ‘Wrapping Station’ and put all your supplies in one place, saves a huge amount of time, and then everyone knows where the trimmings are. It could just be a big plastic lidded box, or a whole bench space. Maybe have a ‘signature wrapping style’ this year to streamline the process.
- Action the Christmas card list whether it’s ‘snail mail’ or email. Paperless Post has a divine selection of cards and invitations.
- Post any overseas cards or parcels this week, airmail to the US and UK takes 7 – 10 days, but it’s recommended to allow a little extra time during the Christmas rush.
- If you are planning to have a large number of guests on Christmas Day, make it easy, order plates, cutlery, glasses and even table linen from your local Hirer. Put your order in this week.
- Order your Turkey, Ham or Pork from your local supplier, for collection or delivery on 22nd or 23rd December.
- If you haven’t baked the cakes and puddings get cracking. Click on these two links, for the recipes. If all else fails, just buy them.
- Give some thought to the menus for your celebrations. More of that next week.
- Treat yourself, and book some cleaners to give the house a thorough overhaul in the lead-up to Christmas.
- Another treat for you. Make all your beauty salon and hair appointments now, so you look fabulous for all those parties.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND GET GOING, YOU WILL THANK ME LATER.