It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
If you’re following the Cooks Room Christmas Countdown, you should be feeling well under control. Make sure to schedule a few hours this week to catch up with a friend, or just chill-out and indulge yourself.
The list continues:
- CLEAR OUT THE FRIDGE AND FREEZER this week ready for all the Christmas goodies you will be buying in the next week or so – my fridge has heaps of half-eaten jars of pastes, pickles and bits and bobs …. and the freezer, well, it’s full (and it’s a large chest one) and I’m not sure whats there, so a big stocktake is in order. My motto for whether an item is edible or not : WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT
- Keep on going buying the non-perishable grocery items each time you are at the supermarket – soft drinks and mineral water are so bulky, you could almost fill a trolly with these alone. You should only need to buy the fresh ingredients in the last week.
- Make sure to buy some large foil baking trays for the Turkey and Ham, and certainly anything you are cooking in the BBQ. You can just throw them away – no washing up.
- There are plenty of Wine Specials about at the moment. A good time to seek them out and stock the cellar.
- ORDER THE SEAFOOD this week, if you haven’t already done so, for pick-up on Christmas Eve, unless you are going to brave the Sydney Fish Markets 36 Hour Marathon.
- How are the Christmas cards going ?? this is the week to get them all in the mail.
Did you get your wrapping station set up ?
I assembled one in one of those under-bed boxes this week so everyone in the family has easy access to cards paper ribbons and gift tags.
A good time to get the Bon Bons sorted too.
There are lots on SALE already which you can personalise.
ENJOY ENJOY – ‘TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY