Use these smart, simple tips and get a head start. The POST CHRISTMAS SALES are on, and you can save heaps.
So get going !!
1. CREATE A CHRISTMAS WRAPPING STATION AND STOCK IT NOW…
You might think that this is a little crazy, but if you decide on next year’s Christmas colours right NOW you can get great buys on wrapping paper, ribbon, gift tags, ornaments, wreaths… and all other sundry Christmas bits and bobs, and have it all colour co-ordinated.
Real ribbon looks amazing! And how easy it is to tie a gorgeous bow. Ribbon can be rolled up and used again and again. Keep the wrapping paper choices to a minimum, maybe just two or three. If you buy kraft paper or white paper it can be used for more than just Christmas.
Bundle up all the Christmas cards, check for change of address and buy your cards now for next year at more than 50% off.
4. DESIGNATE A PLACE TO STORE NEXT YEARS GIFTS ….and start shopping The Sales now.
Start the habit of buying for Christmas all year! And put the gifts in one place. I have learned the HARD WAY… I know it’s hidden somewhere, but where ? and I find it halfway through the next year.
5. BUY CHRISTMAS THEMED GIFTS AND HOME DECOR GOODIES – you know, the things you just couldn’t justify spending money on this year …
This is a fabulous, time and money saving thing to do! Buy Christmas cushions, stockings, dishes, table decorations, anything that is Christmas themed now, for next year. Stores have huge price reductions on items with Christmas details right now! Don’t wait until next December… they will cost a whole lot more!
6. BUY FABULOUS BON BONS for next year – they are ON SALE and so affordable now
7. THROW OUT ALL THE TIRED DECORATIONS and replace with new ones
This is the year to really evaluate your Christmas decorations! keep only the ones you love and use !! It’s time to get rid of the tatty ones, and buy new ones while they are ON SALE and then pack everything in clear plastic boxes, and label, label label.
8. Finally start a Pinterest board and collect great Christmas gift and decorating ideas ready for next year.